Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Santa Clarita
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to Help You Win Compensation
Motorcycle accidents can change your entire life in just seconds. You get on a bike with a notion to enjoy scenic routes, when a crash happens and you find yourself lying on the pavement. You may require medical treatment. Your bike may need repairs. What do you do? You should seek immediate medical assistance and then get in touch with a motorcycle accident lawyer Santa Clarita.
If your accident is because of the negligence or recklessness of another driver, you should find experienced attorneys to help you seek necessary monetary compensation so that you can get your life back on track.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
California has the highest number of motorcycle registrations in the country. Santa Clarita has one of the highest rates of motorcycle incidents throughout the state. 1,500 people were reported to be injured in motorcycle accidents in a single year as per a report by the California Highway Patrol.
- More than 80% motorcycle accidents result in the passenger or driver suffering injury or wrongful death
- 33% crashes occur because another driver turned into the path of the motorcyclist
- Alcohol is involved in over 40% fatal motorcycle crashes
- Head injury is the primary cause of death in motorcycle accidents
- Helmets prevent injuries to the tune of 29%
- Riders with helmets have 73% lower fatality rate as compared to riders without helmets
- Private health insurance generally covers only 66% cost of inpatient care
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
These are a few common injuries that motorcyclists and pillion riders suffer:
- Wrongful death because of catastrophic head or body injury
- Paraplegia or immobilization
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cervical, lumbar, herniated, or thoracic discs because of spinal trauma
- Broken pelvis and hip requiring emergency placement and surgery
- Collapsed lungs
- Injury to internal organs
- Arms, legs, shoulders and other types of fracture
- Scarring, disfigurement, and permanent disability
- Anxiety, emotional distress, and PTSD
Rights of Motorcyclists in Santa Clarita
Motorcycles are fundamentally regarded by the law as an automobile. Same general rules and basic principles apply to motorcycle cases as they apply to car accidents. Motorcycle is the same as a motor vehicle under California law (Chong v. California State Automobile Association (1996) 48 Cal.App.4th 285.)
In other cases, it has been found that motorcycle accidents are as foreseeable as vehicular accidents. However, motorcycle riders are at a much greater risk of injury as compared to car or truck occupants (Nicolodi v. Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. (1979) 370 So.2d 68.)
Hence, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or a loved one has died as a result of motorcycle injuries, you can bring forward a suit. You should consider consulting with a qualified and capable motorcycle accident lawyer Santa Clarita to understand your options.
California Law Regarding Lane Splitting
Motorcyclists can legally pass other vehicles on the road that are driving in the same lane and in the same direction. This concept is known as lane splitting in California. Vehicle drivers are obliged to keep a lookout for other cars and vehicles on the road. This includes motorcycles. Drivers are also responsible for controlling the movement and speed of their vehicles.
A driver can be held negligent if they failed to pay attention to the road or keep a lookout for other vehicles. You can prove your case by hiring an attorney. You are in a better position to put up a legal fight for holding negligent drivers responsible.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Santa Clarita- Walch Law Firm
The motorcycle driver is many times blamed for the crash and offered less money. This is why it is important that you never speak with the insurance company without consulting with a motorcycle accident lawyer first. You need experienced attorneys, you need the winning team at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch. Get in touch with us now.
- Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Brain Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accident