Ventura Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Attorney Ventura
When a car accident results in injuries or death it is always tragic. When the crash occurs because someone was driving while intoxicated, it can be even more frustrating as these accidents are totally preventable.
Recently, KTLA News 5 reported that a rear end collision occurred in Ventura County just outside of Oxnard. A 2017 Nissan Rogue was stopped at a red light when a 2000 Lexus RX300 slammed into the back of the car. The force of the collision sent the Nissan into the center median, and the Lexus flew off to the side of the road.
The crash caused significant damage to the vehicles and harm to those inside. Those in the Nissan included a 41-year-old woman and a 14-year-old boy. Emergency personnel responded, but the woman died at the scene. The young boy was taken to the hospital with major injuries.
Officers are still investigating what caused the Lexus to collide with the Nissan, but they believe the driver was likely driving under the influence. She also suffered major injuries in the incident, and was later “placed under arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.”
If the investigation confirms that the driver was driving under the influence, the driver will face criminal charges. However, in addition to criminal charges, the driver will be civilly liable to those she harmed due to her decision to drive under the influence. Those harmed due to this incident should talk to a car accident attorney in Ventura to help them bring a civil claim against the driver. In this case, a couple different claims can be brought against the driver:
- Wrongful Death Claim: The family members of the woman who died in this accident can bring a wrongful death claim against the driver responsible for the death of their loved one. A wrongful death claim can help the family members of the victim with the costs associated with the funeral and burial of their loved one, as well as the other damages such as lost wages and loss of companionship.
- Personal Injury Claim: The young boy injured in this accident can also be compensated for his injuries. When a serious car accident occurs, the injuries are often much more severe. Not only do these types of injuries require costly hospital visits, but usually require a lengthy recovery process that often involves physical therapy. A personal injury claim can allow the victim to be financially compensated for medical costs, recovery expenses, as well as other damages such as pain and suffering and costs associated with mental health care required due to the accident.
Car Accident Attorney Ventura
If you have been injured in a car accident due to the poor choice of another to drive while intoxicated, make sure to get in touch with an experienced car accident attorney in Ventura because you deserve to be compensated. At The Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, we have years of experience helping both individuals injured in car accidents and family members who have lost loved ones in DUI car accidents.
Ventura Car Accident Lawyer – Personal Injury And Damages
California has changed over the years, but its traffic issues have remained the same. Car accidents are common in Ventura just like they are everywhere else. They can happen to anybody. People don’t think before pulling out of their driveway or taking a quick turn. You can end up in an accident by just backing out of a parking lot. Crashes don’t take more than a minute to happen.
But, when they do, the episode can leave you rattled. You may not know what needs to be done. This is why it is important to consult with a Ventura car accident lawyer.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
These are a few things you should do after being involved in a car accident:
- Immediately move to a safe area.
- Check if you or anyone else is injured. Call 911 if there are injuries.
- Take extensive pictures of the car and the accident scene.
- Exchange contact information with the other party.
- Speak with eyewitnesses and get their names and contact details.
Seeing a Doctor After the Accident
It is a good idea to have a check-up done even if you think you are not injured in the car accident. Your Ventura car accident attorney will insist on this. Accidents can result in an adrenaline spike which may cause you to not feel pain. There are several types of injuries which do not result in any immediate symptoms. You would feel pain and other symptoms only after a few days after the accident.
Car Accident Claim Damages
Car accidents can result in expensive damages and injuries as your Ventura car accident lawyer will have you know. These are a few types of damages that can be collected:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Physical therapy
Consult with Experienced Ventura Car Accident Attorney
It is important that you get in touch with a capable and responsible car accident attorney as soon as you can the accident resulted in injuries or death. California has a two-year statute of limitations to claim for deaths and injuries after a car accident. You do not want this window period to close.
It is hard enough to deal with injuries following a car accident. You do not want to go up against insurance companies on your own without an attorney by your side. Insurance companies are interested in paying you the minimum compensation. The attorneys at Law Offices of Gary K. Walch can help. Get in touch with us by calling at 844-999-5342 or using our online form.
Get Help Today!
At The Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, we have years of experience handling car accident injury claims and we offer a FREE case consultation for victims injured in car accidents. You can speak with an experienced Santa Clarita car accident lawyer on our team and find out how bringing a personal injury claim can help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today at 1-844-999-5342.
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Work Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer