Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
Has a vehicle wreck plunged your life into chaos? Put your world back in order by partnering with a Los Angeles auto injury attorney at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation.
The traffic in Los Angeles might just be the worst in the world. Traffic means accidents and accidents mean injuries and even fatalities. Regardless of what brought about your auto wreck, if you weren’t the one who caused it, you may be owed financial compensation. Filing an auto wreck claim could help you hold a negligent driver accountable for your accident.
A Los Angeles car accident lawyer at our firm knows how to investigate auto wrecks and determine who’s to blame. They can assist you with collecting evidence and proving the fault of the person responsible. All auto injury claims are not simple, and having a legal professional on your team could make a big difference in your case’s outcome.
Known Causes of Vehicle Wrecks in Los Angeles
Auto accidents are caused by many things, and if negligence played a role in your collision, you could be owed a car accident settlement. Negligence is a term used to describe a person’s careless actions. If those careless actions bring about injury to others, the responsible person can be held liable according to civil laws in California.
Figuring out the cause of your vehicle crash is important. The cause indicates who was responsible for the crash. It’s then necessary to collect evidence to prove the cause and who was at fault. Below is a list of known causes of auto collisions in the Los Angeles area.
- Distracted Driving – Engaging in distracted driving is known to be dangerous, yet people continue to do it every day. Cell phone use, eating, putting on makeup, and changing the radio station are examples of distracted driving.
- Poorly Designed Roads and Intersections – You may not realize how the streets you drive on can contribute to vehicle collisions. If streets aren’t maintained, bushes aren’t trimmed, and roads aren’t designed properly, accidents couldresult.
- Impaired Driving – Intoxicated driving is known to be dangerous and often causes serious injury accidents. Despite the well-documented risk involved in driving impaired, some people just don’t care about the danger they pose to others.
- Defective Auto Parts – You might not realize that your vehicle’s parts can lead to collisions. If your vehicle isn’t functioning the way it should, the malfunction could cause a collision. You could be injured because of defective auto parts.
- Poor Vehicle Repairs – Most drivers aren’t mechanics, and they trust that the mechanic they hired to fix their vehicle did a good job. If the mechanic is negligent and doesn’t service your vehicle properly, the vehicle could malfunction leading to a collision.
- Reckless Drivers – They’re out there—dangerous drivers. The drivers who speed constantly, weave in and out of traffic, lay on their horns, and blow through red lights. They cause accidents regularly, and they could be held liable for accidents they cause.
Going After the Person Responsible for Your Los Angeles Crash
Once you figure out what caused your accident, you will most likely know who was to blame. For instance, if defective brakes caused your crash, it’s likely that a negligent manufacturer is liable for your accident. Once you know the who, you can file your injury claim against that person.
Your LA auto injury lawyer can help you to put your evidence together and complete the claim paperwork. They can assist you with adding up your losses and determining how much compensation you need to make things right. Once your claim is ready, you can send it in to the negligent person’s insurance company.
Dealing with insurers can be a challenge, but you might not even have to deal with this step. If you have an attorney, they can handle communications for you. This protects you from insurers who might try to get you to say something that would harm your claim.
Injuries and How They Impact Your LA Auto Injury Claim
Vehicle wrecks cause an array of injuries. Every crash is different and every injury will affect people differently. No two broken legs are the same, which means your car accident case is unique. The injury and suffering you went through because of someone else’s careless actions should be considered, and you could be compensated accordingly.
Some injuries are more serious than other types of injuries. Naturally, the more serious the injury, the more compensation you are owed. Why is this? Because you will have suffered greater damages. These types of damages are common in commercial trucking accidents.
For instance, someone who suffered a traumatic brain injury in Los Angeles could deal with the effects of their injury for the rest of their life. They might be owed more compensation than someone who broke their arm.
The person who broke their arm could eventually return to a state of health equivalent to what they had before the accident. The person with the traumatic brain injury might never be the same again.
Some injuries that are known to lead to extensive losses and suffering for car accident victims are head injuries, severe burns, organ damage, broken bones, limb loss, and eye injuries.
Obtaining a Settlement for a Los Angeles Vehicle Collision
The insurance company that works for the at-fault party could agree to settle your claim. If they can clearly see that their insured was to blame for causing the accident, it’s likely they will agree to settle. That’s why evidence is so important—it can save you a lot of headache later on.
Your claim should also clearly show the suffering and monetary costs associated with your accident. For instance, you should have documentation in your claim that shows how much income you lost due to your accident. You should also have proof of your other financial losses. This will keep the insurer from challenging your right to compensation.
For auto and motorcycle wreck claims, you can also request payment for the trauma of your experience. For example, you can ask that you be financially compensated for the pain of your injuries and the mental suffering your accident caused you. A Los Angeles car crash attorney can assist you with calculating your losses and providing evidence to the insurer.
The following is a list of damages you could request in an auto injury claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatment expenses
- Lost income and lost earning potential
- Mental trauma
- Mental health services
- Property damage
- Transportation expenses
- Lost life enjoyment
- Scarring and disfigurement
Speak to a Vehicle Crash Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
It can be difficult to make the decision to contact an attorney. That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to take that step. Our firm offers free case consultations to anyone who reaches out with the intention of learning whether they have a case for personal injury.
Get Help Today!
At The Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, we have years of experience handling car accident injury claims and we offer a FREE case consultation for victims injured in car accidents. You can speak with an experienced Santa Clarita car accident lawyer on our team and find out how bringing a personal injury claim can help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today at 1-844-999-5342.
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Work Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer