Reseda pedestrian accident lawyer
Accomplished Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Reseda
Pedestrian accidents can result in some of the most devastating injuries. In fact, majority of collisions result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. You should speak with a Reseda pedestrian accident lawyer if you or a loved one was recently in a pedestrian accident. Your attorney will help you get fair compensation for your injuries.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch understand what it takes for securing financial recovery in these life altering accidents.
Function of a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
One of the most common issues faced by injured pedestrians is denial of insurance claim. Insurance providers will do everything to reduce your compensation amount or deny it completely. All they care about is minimizing their liability.
You can go up against an insurance company and strengthen your case by getting help from a capable Reseda pedestrian accident lawyer. Your attorney will guide you through the process of gathering evidence and presenting the case to the insurer. This will be done in a way to help you get the best possible outcome.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians don’t have the safety of a metal skeleton around them. They can suffer serious injuries on their pelvis, torso, legs, head and chest after being hit by a vehicle. Generally, cars strike the lower extremities first. Additional body parts get injured in subsequent collisions with the road or the vehicle.
We have helped dozens of accident victims get the compensation they deserve. These are a few common types of injuries in such accidents:
- Skull fractures
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash and lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Fatal injuries
You need to find a law firm with the right power, aggression and knowledge to recover damages for your catastrophic or permanent injuries. Victims with long-term disabilities, such as paralysis and brain damage can recover fair awards to help them get on with their lives.
Pedestrian Laws in California
Every motorist has the responsibility to obey pedestrian laws in California. Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Section 21950, pedestrians don’t automatically have the right of way while crossing a street. Correlating with that, drivers are responsible for keeping a proper lookout, knowing and following pedestrian laws, and yielding the right of way when necessary.
Pedestrians must also obey the rules for decreasing the risk of accidents.
- Motor vehicles at crosswalk should yield to pedestrians that are crossing. Crosswalks are either marked by white lines or are unmarked at intersections. Drivers are required to stop or slow down to keep the pedestrian within the crosswalk safe.
- Pedestrians that have not yet entered the crosswalk cannot suddenly step into the immediate path of an oncoming vehicle from the curb. The pedestrian doesn’t have the right to delay traffic by stopping on the crosswalk while crossing.
- At intersections marked by traffic control signal, the pedestrian will have the right to cross only when given the walk signal. Pedestrians are required to yield to drivers at Don’t Walk signals or red lights.
- Pedestrians are not lawfully allowed to cross roads between two marked intersections in California. This is also known as jaywalking. This is a dangerous practice that increases the likelihood of an accident. Jaywalking can attract a fine of $200 for the pedestrian.
You should know that having the right of way doesn’t automatically relieve a pedestrian or a driver of the duty to exercise diligent and due care for the safety of others. Roadway users are required to exercise caution. They also need to exercise prudence for avoiding accidents.
Drivers can be held liable for damages if they break any one of the pedestrian laws in California. You should speak with a qualified attorney if you or a loved one was injured in an accident.
Walch Law is the Reseda pedestrian accident law firm you want winning your case– get in touch with us now to learn more about our appraoch, get your questions answered and more. We are ready to get started today!! 1-844-999-5342 or fill out our contact us form
- Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Brain Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accident