Santa Barbra, California, is a beautiful coastal city in Santa Barbara County. The city lies between the Pacific Ocean and the cutting Santa Ynez Mountains. Due to the beautiful landscape and Mediterranean climate, it has become the second most populated city in the county. This extravagant city not only has amazing landscapes and weather, it also has a booming economy with thriving businesses and original restaurants.
Due to the high volume of residents and visitors, members of the food industry have food poisoning outbreaks from time to time. This is something that all restaurants, food services, and grocery stores take very seriously. However, sometimes they do not know they have bad food until it is too late. If you or someone you love has gotten food poisoning, contact a lawyer at Walch Law. You may be eligible for financial compensation from your illness, and we can help you identify how to proceed!
What is Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is when someone eats food that has been contaminated with viruses, bacteria, or toxins. Usually, food poisoning only lasts for a couple of hours or a couple of days. Most of the time it can be treated by getting lots of rest and staying hydrated. However, it can cause sever symptoms. See a doctor if you are experiencing any of these:
• High Fever
• Extreme Dehydration
Common Foodborne Illnesses
• Norovirus spreads very fast and is easy to get. Infected people and contaminated food or surfaces are usually how it is spread. Common symptoms are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pains. Usually, symptoms surface within 12 to 48 hours after eating.
• E. coli, although usually harmless, can also be very dangerous. It can cause symptoms such as, diarrhea, stomach pain, cramps, and fever. In some cases it can cause life threatening sicknesses such as kidney failure.
• Salmonella poisoning is one of the most common types of food poisoning. Tens of millions of cases are reported around the world every year. It is usually not life threatening and is spread through contaminated foods.
Common Foods that can be Contaminated
• Raw meats
• Raw shellfish
• Raw eggs
• Raw fruits and vegetables that have been contaminated.
• Unpasteurized milk
• Unpasteurized fruit juice
• Food touched by a human with a sickness.
Contact an Attorney at Walch Law Today
In the state of California, all victims of food poisoning can file a lawsuit against a grocery store, food service, or restaurant. You can potentially claim compensation for lost damages such as, lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and punitive damages. At Walch Law, we have experienced attorneys that have worked with many cases concerning food poisoning. We know the law and can help you navigate through what may be foreign territory. We will be honest and open with you about your case. You do not have to pay us a penny until you get paid. Let us minimize your stress! CALL NOW
- Los Angeles Hernia Mesh Lawsuit– How Much is Yours Worth?
- Types of Beverly Hills Wrongful Death Accidents
- Burns from Electric Vehicle Batteries Can Be Life-Threatening
- Personal Injuries Can Happen on the Ski Slopes Even If You Are an Excellent Skier
- Slipping on Grease Spills in a Riverside Restaurant Can Cause a Serious Back Injury
- Los Angeles Hotel Slip and Fall Accidents
- Pasadena Nursing Home Wrongful Death from Neglect Lawsuit
- Abuse and Neglect in California Nursing Homes
- California Nursing Home Slip and Fall Leading to Serious Injury
- Different Types of Van Nuys TBI