Immediately south of San Francisco is Daly City. A beautiful city located in the San Francisco Bay and is named after the businessman and landowner John Donald Daly. This city is rich with historical museums, parks, the coast, and beautiful trails that lead you through the upbeat city. Because it is just south of San Francisco, it has many main highways with heavy traffic and people are constantly driving through on their commute.
With so much traffic, motorcycles are a great alternative to moving through slowed traffic. The only problem is many people while driving do not watch for motorcyclist like they should. If you or someone you love was involved in a motorcycle accident, you could be eligible for financial compensation. Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer at Walch Law to help see if your case qualifies.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists face many difficulties when driving on California’s dangerous roads. Usually, the cause of accident is due to the negligence of another driver. Many drivers fail to notice a motorcyclist, cannot gauge the speed of the motorcycle, or cannot see the proximity they have to their own vehicle. Also, motorcyclists have no protective structure protecting them like a car does, so when they are involved in an accident the injuries are critical and sometimes fatal.
Some common causes of these accidents are:
Distracted driving: This is one of the biggest causes of accidents. Many drivers get behind the wheel and are not paying attention to the road. They are either texting, making a phone call, looking at social media, or checking the GPS. Due to this negligent behavior, many people on the road around them are at risk. Also, driving under the influence is a form of distracted driving. This is a more serious offense and drivers that are found guilty of driving under the influence can face civil and criminal liability.
Speeding: This is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. When a driver is speeding, they are unable to have a quick reaction time, thereby leading to many collisions and injuries. It is always important to pay attention to the speed limit signs around you. Do not speed and know that if you do, you are endangering yourself and others.
Dangerous Road/Weather Conditions: Often times while driving, the road will be in poor condition—with crumbling pavement, potholes, debris, or wet roads, highway conditions can impact the safety of all vehicles on the road. Motorcyclists have a higher chance of losing control and colliding with other obstacles. That is why it is always important to stay ALERT while driving.
How to Stay Safe While Driving a Motorcycle
- Always wear a helmet and any protective gear (knee pads, shoulder pads, etc.)
- Obey ALL traffic laws.
- Watch for road obstacles.
- Never ride distracted (on a phone or under the influence)
- Pay attention to all cars around you (always assume they do not see you)
Discuss Your Case with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you or someone you love was involved in a motorcycle accident, contact Robert and Gary Walch today. At Walch Law, we are empathetic and compassionate. We understand this is a trying time for you and we want to do whatever we can to help. We are ready to get started today! Call Now!
- Ventura Motorcyclists Are Injured Weekly from Cars Not Paying Attention on the Roadways
- Santa Clarita Personal Injury Pain and Suffering
- Los Angeles Hernia Mesh Lawsuit– How Much is Yours Worth?
- Types of Beverly Hills Wrongful Death Accidents
- Burns from Electric Vehicle Batteries Can Be Life-Threatening
- Personal Injuries Can Happen on the Ski Slopes Even If You Are an Excellent Skier
- Slipping on Grease Spills in a Riverside Restaurant Can Cause a Serious Back Injury
- Los Angeles Hotel Slip and Fall Accidents
- Pasadena Nursing Home Wrongful Death from Neglect Lawsuit
- Abuse and Neglect in California Nursing Homes