Los Angeles Hotel Slip and Fall Accident
Going to a hotel on a vacation or for a work conference can be an enjoyable experience. But that experience will turn sour quite quickly, if you slip and fall at the hotel because of the neglect of the staff to maintain the premises. If the hotel does not keep the premises maintained, cleaned and in tip-top condition, then the guest to the hotel will have slip and fall accidents on a regular basis. It is unacceptable for a hotel to not care about the safety of the guests staying there on the premises, and all hotels are responsible for the safety of their hotel premises to keep the areas always safe for guests walking to and from in all areas of the hotel.
What Typical Areas in a Hotel Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
A Los Angeles slip and fall accident can occur anywhere in a hotel. The areas in hotel where many of the guests will have a slip and fall accident include:
- Conference rooms
- Elevator bay
- Guest suites and rooms
- Weight room/workout room/exercise room
- Hotel club or restaurant
- Hotel restrooms
- Shared business center
- Entry doorway
All hotels are expected to keep these common areas clean, dry, free of debris and safe for everyone walking around in the hotel.
Why Do People Fall and Slip in a Hotel?
You can fall and have a slipping accident in a Los Angeles hotel when there are conditions that are unsafe in the hotel, including:
- Spilled food or drinks on the floor that are not cleaned up quickly
- Debris blown in from outside not swept up before someone falls on it.
- Loose rugs, matting or carpets create tripping hazards
- Clutter on the floor (power cords from housekeeping)
- Boxes on floor from vendor deliveries
- Poor and uneven flooring on concrete outside
- Uneven walking surfaces on thresholds
- Wet and slippery flooring in restrooms
- Poor lighting on stairwells
- Luggage, boxes or other personal items keep in public areas of traffic
- Grease, oils or chemicals spilled on the flooring in the public areas
- Mats bunched in the entrances coming into the building
- No signs put out to designate wet or recently mopped flooring
If the housekeeping and maintenance departments in a hotel are not on point, then there can be slipping and tripping hazards around every corner for the hotel guests. If you have fallen at a hotel and have sustained serious injuries, then you will want to call us to get the best legal advice related to your personal injury claim. You don’t have to guess what should happen next, when you can just give us a call today, and we will go over your claim with you carefully, and advise you to your next steps.
If you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall at a hotel, just call Walch Law at (844) 999-5342 to discuss your claim. In the event that you have a serious personal injury, lost wages and time from work, or have scheduled follow up treatments on account of your injury, you need not go it alone. We are able to talk to you about your case, and can explain the next steps to receiving a full recovery compensation package for your case.
- Ventura Motorcyclists Are Injured Weekly from Cars Not Paying Attention on the Roadways
- Santa Clarita Personal Injury Pain and Suffering
- Los Angeles Hernia Mesh Lawsuit– How Much is Yours Worth?
- Types of Beverly Hills Wrongful Death Accidents
- Burns from Electric Vehicle Batteries Can Be Life-Threatening
- Personal Injuries Can Happen on the Ski Slopes Even If You Are an Excellent Skier
- Slipping on Grease Spills in a Riverside Restaurant Can Cause a Serious Back Injury
- Los Angeles Hotel Slip and Fall Accidents
- Pasadena Nursing Home Wrongful Death from Neglect Lawsuit
- Abuse and Neglect in California Nursing Homes