If you live in Los Angeles, ridesharing can be a great way to get around. Maybe you don’t have a car and use Uber or Lyft on a regular basis, or maybe you only use ridesharing once in a while. Although there are many benefits to using ridesharing services in LA, there are some drawbacks, as well.
The main drawback is that you are forced to put your safety into a stranger’s hands. While rideshare drivers are background checked, it’s still possible to be hurt in a collision. If the rideshare driver was the one responsible for the accident, you may be able to file a claim or lawsuit against them to recoup your losses.
When You Can File an Injury Claim for a Rideshare Accident
There are many different types of accidents, and they occur for a variety of reasons. Not every Uber accident is the fault of the Uber driver, for example. In some accidents, you might be a passenger of a ridesharing service, or you might be a driver in another vehicle that has been struck by a rideshare driver’s vehicle.
Whatever your situation is, you have probably suffered injuries and losses because of your rideshare accident. If the crash wasn’t your fault, you can file a claim for the accident in Los Angeles.
A few examples of times when you could file a claim for a rideshare accident are listed below.
- As a passenger in a rideshare accident
- As a pedestrian who was struck by a rideshare driver
- As a driver (or passenger) in another vehicle that was struck by a rideshare driver
How Do You Prove Your Rideshare Crash Case?
Most auto wrecks are caused by human negligence, which means that someone was most likely to blame for your crash and related losses. But how do you prove fault? How do you win a personal injury claim for a rideshare crash?
It’s important to collect evidence that proves fault. For instance, after your car accident, the LA police will likely do an investigation. The police report could be a valuable piece of evidence to prove your case. You could also use witness statements, photographic evidence, video evidence, and physical evidence to prove your case.
Is the Rideshare Company Responsible for My Damages?
In most cases, the driver of the Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare service would be legally responsible for your damages. The driver should have insurance that would cover your losses. However, there are some occasions when the rideshare company could be liable.
- Your damages exceed the driver’s insurance policy limits.
- The rideshare driver did not have insurance at the time of the accident.
- The rideshare company’s negligence contributed to the accident.
Speak with a Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Attorney
You have probably suffered losses due to your rideshare accident. You could be dealing with physical pain, lost income, medical bills, and more. These losses could result in a settlement for you. You must first win your car accident claim.
Talk to a Los Angeles car wreck lawyer at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation. A free case assessment can be yours by calling 818-222-3400 or by filling out the internet contact form below.
- Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Van Nuys
- Justice and Compassion Combined: Meet Santa Clarita Truck Accident Lawyers at Walch Law
- Gear Up for Justice: Unveiling the Secrets of Top Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Holistic Care and Legal Expertise: Walch Law’s Approach to Brain Injury Cases
- Injured in a Car Accident in Santa Clarita? Discover Your Trusted Legal Partner
- Ride with Confidence: Ventura Motorcycle Accident Attorneys on Your Side
- How Much is Your Van Nuys Personal Injury Accident Worth?
- Get More Money With the Best Simi Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
- How do Find the Best Wrongful Death Attorney in Santa Clarita
- The Importance of Hiring an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers in Santa Clarita