Los Angeles is now the #2 dog bite city in the United States with an increase of 23.3% of dog attacks on Postal Workers from the previous years, according to CityWatchLA. Whether it is a US Postal Worker or an innocent child walking down the street, a Los Angeles dog bite or attack can be a devastating and life-changing event. As Woodland Hills dog bite lawyers, we help clients deal with this terrible personal injury accident all the time and are here to help you whenever you are ready to get started.
How to File a Lawsuit Following Your Dog Bite
Even a small breed dog can leave a lasting scar from a single bite and depending on who the victim is, a dog bite can turn deadly. Here’s a look at the top three things you need to know about dog bites:
- See a doctor, or many: Getting proper medical help is absolutely essential following a dog bite as many deep punctures can get infected if not treated properly and immediately. This professional evaluation is also an important part of your legal recovery as well as it shows just how badly you were injured and the impact the injuries will have– whether temporary or permanent
- Homeowners Insurance: In most cases we will be filing your dog bite lawsuit against the dog owner’s homeowners insurance. Most insurance plans have coverage specifically set aside for this type of injury. There is also the option to file the lawsuit directly against the individual owner but those can be more difficult if he or she does not have a lot of money.
- Time is of the essence: The general statute of limitations in California is 2 years but you should act as soon as possible. Evidence and memories are best fresh and the sooner you act, the sooner we can help get you some much-needed compensation for your incident.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
Some of the most common dog bite injuries we help our clients file personal injury lawsuits over include:
- Broken bones
- Puncture wounds
- PSTD (this is an incredibly emotional encounter)
Woodland Hills Dog Bite Lawyer Near You!
We love dogs but we also know how dangerous these animals can be at times, especially if the victim is a child or elderly. Dog bites are not just traumatic, they are also very expensive when you deal with mounting medical bills, missed work and everything else. At Walch Law, we would love to help you with your financial recovery following your dog bite. We are ready to get started today– get in touch with us now to get your questions answered about the process and learn how we can help. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Southern California Car Accident and Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Daly City Motorcycle Lawsuits
- Food Poisoning in Santa Barbra
- How Much is Your Riverside Car Accident Worth?
- COVID-19 Personal Injury Tips
- Santa Barbara Burn Injuries FAQ
- How do I Know Who is At-Fault in a Encino Truck Accident?
- How to Recover Financially From Food Poisoning
- Top 3 Simi Valley Personal Injury Questions Answered
- What Questions Should You Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer?