Los Angeles Construction Accident Lawyer
Serious construction injuries warrant serious personal injury compensation. For help recovering the compensation you’re owed, reach out to a Los Angeles construction accident attorney at our firm.
There’s so much construction in Los Angeles that you could probably declare it the construction capital of California without even turning any heads.
To some, all that construction means progress and growth. But to those who have been involved in a construction accident, it means life-altering injuries and a desperate need for fair compensation.
But how do you recover compensation after a construction accident? Is it even possible to recover personal injury compensation in this situation? For the answers to these questions and more, keep reading and reach out to a Los Angeles construction accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation.
Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Construction Accident?
Construction-related injuries typically occur in one of two main scenarios:
- A bystander or someone nearby is injured when a construction accident, such as a building collapse, occurs.
- Someone working on the construction site is injured or killed in some sort of accident, such as a heavy machinery malfunction.
For the first scenario, you need only prove that the injuries you suffered were the result of negligence on the part of someone else, whether that was a construction worker, a company, an equipment manufacturer, or some other liable party.
For the second scenario, things can get a little more complicated. That’s because workers are often compelled to seek compensation through workers compensation insurance, meaning they’re unable to sue their employers in court.
However, there are some notable exceptions to this rule:
- If someone intentionally injured you on the construction site, you may be able to sue for personal injury compensation.
- If someone other than your employer, such as a coworker or contractor, injured you, you may be able to sue.
- If you were injured because of a defective product, such as a piece of heavy machinery, you may be able to sue the manufacturer.
If you’re unsure of whether your case qualifies for personal injury compensation, reach out to an experienced construction accident attorney in Los Angeles.
Construction Accident Injuries in Los Angeles
The severity and type of your injuries will determine the amount of compensation you can recover in your Los Angeles construction accident claim. Typically, the more severe the injury is, the more significant the compensation will be. Unfortunately for victims like you, construction accidents tend to cause catastrophic injuries.
Here are some examples of common construction accident injuries in Los Angeles:
- Broken Bones – Falls from ladders, scaffolding, and tall machines can lead to broken arms, legs, and other bones. Bone fractures mean medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Spinal Injuries – Any fall or severe impact to the back or spine can cause a spinal injury, which can lead to full or partial paralysis, pain, and inability to care for or financially support yourself.
- Burns – Explosions, fires, electrocution, and harmful chemicals are common causes of burns on Los Angeles construction sites. Burns can lead to scarring and disfigurement, severe pain, and loss of consortium.
- Lost Limbs – Heavy machines can easily cause you to lose a limb. So can building collapses and any number of possible construction accidents. The loss of a limb warrants significant compensation to account for a lifetime of difficulty and suffering.
Any construction injury that has caused visible harm to your daily life warrants compensation. The key is figuring out how to convince the at-fault party to settle or the court to award you a fair amount. That’s where a construction accident lawyer in Los Angeles can step in.
Speak with an LA Construction Accident Lawyer
There’s no need to fight for the compensation you deserve after a Los Angeles construction accident without legal help. Doing so will put you up against a large company or an individual who is highly motivated to avoid compensating you for what you’ve been through. And you can bet that the at-fault party is going to have an attorney.
Don’t come to this fight empty-handed. Instead, talk to one of the highly qualified construction accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Gary K. Walch, a Law Corporation. We’ll help you determine whether you have a viable lawsuit, the value of your claim, and the best way forward as you seek compensation.
To schedule your free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles construction accident lawyer at our law firm, give us a call at 866-465-8792 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible.
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Work Injuries
- Wrongful Death